Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"We got ya Miss Rigg!"


As the week comes to a close, so does my time at Northern Burlington County Regional Middle School. I have been tossing around a lot emotions because I am really going to miss all of the students and faculty who have been so welcoming to me these past few weeks.

Just when I thought I was not going to see the FFA members again and was coming to terms for saying goodbye to them as I passed them in the hallway, they decided to pull the wool over my eyes. 

Our 7th grade vice president asked me to help her develop a blog, as she is trying to attend Jr. National Young Leaders Conference. As I was explaining the process of blogging and how blogger works I took a look at her blog and thought it was really odd that everything was already set up and looked great. I thought "maybe she is just making sure it is correct." Then Dr. McLean came into the room and said she needed my help with one of the projects we did in class that day. Now I was really confused but followed any ways. As soon as I walked into the room I was startled by chorus of "SURPRISES" being yelled.

I will admit that I really did not know what was going on for a few seconds there and it took me awhile to process that the FFA chapter was throwing me a surprise going away party. They really got me good! We had some refreshments and also played a few games. All of the members that were present also signed a card for me!

It was a great way to get to say goodbye to most of the FFA members. They really made my experience at NBCRMS memorable and they were such a joy to work with. They are some of the hardest working students I have ever met. I know they will all go far as they continue on with FFA in high school. 

Shout out to ALL of you awesome Middle School FFAers! Good luck in all your future endeavors! Thank you for making my student teaching experience awesome and welcoming me with open arms into your chapter! You made my first experience with FFA a really great one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment