Sunday, September 22, 2013

Weekly Writing #2

After a very crazy and hectic weekend filled with some major unforeseen events I was finally able to sit down and reflect on everything we have done in class this past week and the readings that were assigned. 
In class we worked on the E-Moments to implement them into our lesson plans and I have to say I think that they are pretty awesome! Each E-Moment is different and helps you to reach all the different areas of Multiple Intelligences. Not only did I have fun creating the E-Moment to demonstrate in class, I also had A LOT of fun making the flyer for my fellow student teachers to read! 
I also learned that when making objectives we need to make them obtainable. The objectives that we make should not be so far fetched that we as teachers, by using every resource in the world, could not get our students to achieve the objective! Objectives should also not be too simple either. I personally think that it will be challenging for me to come up with objectives that are right in the middle of the two! I know that the more I practice the easier it will become, however it is not as easy as it looks. 
Through the readings I found the one about preparing for teaching a lesson to be really interesting because I realized that there is a lot more that goes into teaching a lesson than just creating a lesson plan! You must have all your props, tech equipment, and anything else you may need well in advance for your class. You do not want to be running around like a chicken with your head cut off the day before you have to teach this particular lesson that you need 50 pieces of wire for! 
Finally, I was also presented with a challenge this week. I am going to be teaching one of my 7th grade courses from start to finish by myself come the spring! Yay! However there is a catch. The course is only 9 weeks in length which gives me about 45 days for teaching after you take out days off and state testing! My challenge is to take 9 weeks of instruction and teach about 6 units! My cooperating teacher suggested I make a course outline of how I want everything to go and make a time line for each unit! I may have some units that are going to be a lot shorter than I thought they would, like my introduction to ag and the course, as of right now that unit is only going to be 2 days long because we have to boogie in that class! I am really excited about this though! I honestly cannot wait to actually experience what it is like to have a class from “the first day” to “the last day!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment