Sunday, September 29, 2013

Not Saying it's Over but it's Time to Reflect...

Upon cruising the blogs of my fellow student teachers one of them posted that as of last Thursday we were all 1/3 of the way through our last semester of "classes" at Penn State. It took me a few minutes to let that digest and sink in, I found myself reading it over and over and over again just to make sure I read it correctly. I kept thinking well this can't be right, we just started the semester. As I sat there and stared at the screen I started look back on my college experience at Penn State and just how much it had really changed my life.

I started my Freshman year only knowing one person from my High School, we were both at Berks but we quickly went our separate ways. I started out with the Collegiate Riding Team and quickly met people who would become my best friends. I had the privilege of being an RA my Sophomore year and then I transferred to University Park Junior Year.

UP is a world all in it's own. I felt so lost the first semester I was here but was glad that I had my fellow AEE family to help me through. Pledging Sigma Alpha also helped make my transition easier too! Going into Senior year I had many new friends and some old ones by my side, along with my family. Even though we've only been here for 1/3 of  the semester I feel like I have learned so much already. I am broadening my skills and knowledge, I am learning how to make better more challenging lessons and objectives for my future students, and I am privileged and blessed to work with an amazing cooperating teacher! Though this experience has been hard and frustrating from time to time, I am glad that I am a part of it. 

The past 3 years have flown by in the blink of an eye, if I had to do it all over again there are some things that I would change and some things that I would keep the same. I am looking forward to next 2/3 of the semester and I know there is a lot more great information coming my way! Let's the make the most of the time we have left because May will be here before we know it! Most important of all is that we cannot forget to "Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart!"

No comments:

Post a Comment